Senior Consultant / Assistant manager – Swiss & International TAX
Our People Advisory Services business (PAS) is focused on people management and our vision is to help our clients get it right in all its facets. PAS has five key pillars: Mobility, Reward, Systems, Talent and Performance. In Mobility, we help our clients manage the complex compliance, reporting and risks inherent in deploying a globally mobile workforce. As part of the global team, this group benefits from strategic investment in a number of its businesses and forecasts significant growth in the short to medium term.
Work location would be Basel but with our hybrid working model it is possible to work remotely for part of your working time (from home or another EY office in Switzerland).
- Working on large multinational client accounts to oversee and deliver global mobility services. This will include contributing to and leading special advisory projects (e.g. transformation, business traveler, equity-based compensation etc.).
Your key responsibilities
- Review of Swiss tax returns, tax equalization calculations, Memos, Appeals and other day-to-day tax and mobility support for employees of international companies
- Support and project manage client projects while taking on a wide range of tasks (e.g. holding tax briefings, doing research, liaising with the authorities, communication with the global EY member firms, etc.).
- Responsible for day-to-day client liaison. Building and maintaining relationships with clients and providing high levels of client service.
- Coach and develop other members of the team.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum of two years relevant professional experience (e.g. Tax Authorities, Local tax accounting company, Big 4).
- In-depth knowledge of providing Swiss personal income tax services is mandatory; experience in cross-border tax and social security matters is an asset.
- As we are an international organization, a strong command of English and German is essential. Other languages are beneficial
- Strong organizational skills and a degree of flexibility to meet client /department needs and deadlines
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- Team player; good communicator, quick learner
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Continuous personal development with a steep learning curve – a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make the next step and apply for this position online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (email@example.com / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.