The Associate Director Marketing and Communications responsibilities include promoting and publicising Hauser & Wirth, its artists and exhibitions to targeted global audiences. To be successful in the role, you will need at least 5 years of relevant experience, the ability to work hands on, to turn creative ideas into effective marketing plans and execute integrated communications campaigns. We are looking for a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and developed mentoring and management experience.
- Plan, manage and implement an effective programme of PR and marketing activity to achieve business objectives, including exhibitions, art fairs and events in Switzerland, selected European projects, Hauser & Wirth Publishers books and other/special projects as needed.
- Develop creative and evidence-based marketing and communications initiatives to broaden awareness of Hauser & Wirth, deepen our relationship with artists and existing clients, local audiences and to attract new clients to the business.
- Lead and execute PR campaigns for Hauser & Wirth’s exhibitions, art fairs and projects formulating the strategy, writing press releases, preparing press materials, identifying editorial targets and securing coverage.
- Draft media briefings where appropriate, ensuring accuracy and consistency of messaging.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director Marketing Europe, manage the marketing strategy for Hauser & Wirth’s exhibitions, art fairs and projects in Switzerland and France as well as Hauser & Wirth Publishers campaigns including identifying target audiences, and creating and delivering campaigns to include advertising, print, email marketing, partnerships, promotions, paid social, online marketing and CRM.
- Collaborate with other members of the Communications and Marketing teams as well as the Sales and Artist Liaison teams, key stakeholders, agencies and other external partners to agree campaign strategy, creative, communications and marketing plans.
- Ensure communications and marketing objectives and targets are met/exceeded by monitoring effectiveness during campaigns and developing contingency strategies or adjusting plans as required.
- Develop innovative partnerships with other brands and organisations for the benefit of the gallery, its artists and clients.
- Evaluate the success of campaigns including producing post-campaign reports, ensuring findings impact future communications and marketing campaigns.
- Line manage and mentor the Marketing and Communications Coordinator based in Zurich.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Communication, Marketing or related field
- Fluency in German and English is a must, both written and spoken, additional languages are a plus
- Experience of managing, devising and implementing effective marketing and PR campaigns in a global business / complex organisation
- Creative thinker with an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial approach to producing innovative campaigns
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills with a high level of accuracy
- An understanding of the media landscape, an existing network of contacts and the ability to develop new press contacts
- Excellent negotiation skills, and the ability to achieve consensus among a number of different stakeholders
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to convey thoughts clearly and concisely, and in a way that is accessible and engaging to a diverse audience
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of internal and external partners, in different global locations, developing and sustaining effective working relationships
- A strong interest in contemporary art, art publishing and cultural trends across all art forms and platforms, demonstrated by the creative use of partnerships in past marketing campaigns
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise a heavy workload and to work flexibly
- Ability to work positively and calmly under pressure, remaining a supportive and constructive team member
- Ability to work positively as part of a team whilst demonstrating leadership skills in mentoring
- Experience of digital marketing including programmatic advertising, content marketing, SEM, SEO and e-CRM
- High degree of tech literacy – sound knowledge of Mac and Windows based applications
- Resilient with the ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Relevant experience of analysing statistics and other research findings to inform and develop campaigns
- Demonstrable experience of managing a multi-platform marketing budget, always ensuring a high level of accuracy
Hauser & Wirth is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing passionate people is essential no matter their background. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We particularly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Hauser & Wirth provides a unique, exciting and international working environment. If you are passionate about art, our gallery and our ethos, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application (in English) by e-mail.
Hauser & Wirth