The most significant impact on student learning is the quality of the teaching they experience – great teachers develop great learners. We are looking for colleagues with an outstanding record of achievement, who are passionate about not only student learning, but also their own.
Our definition of learning commits us to focus on the whole child – where the development of character is equally as important as that of conceptual understanding and competencies.
We are seeking a suitably qualified candidate to teach the following computing classes in our Upper School:
- AP Computer Science Principles (grades 9,10)
- AP Computer Science A (grades 10,11,12)
- Advanced Computer Science (post AP Computer Science A course – project based)
- Ability to teach other technology courses and/or other subjects (math or science)
Applicants should have at least 2-3 years of previous teaching experience, preferably at an international school. Applicants must furnish evidence of:
- Teaching license including specialism
- Documented record of excellence in teaching
- BSC or equivalent university degree
- Experience with inquiry based pedagogy
- Learner-centered focus
- Commitment to inclusion to meet diverse learning needs
- Teamwork, collaboration, and active participation in school life
Please apply to ZIS directly using our online system through the employment page of our school website: www.zis.ch/one-zis-community/employment