At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
THE PLANET NEEDS YOU! Sustainability and decarbonization are the key challenges of today's world. Countries and corporations have pledged to significantly reduce GHG emissions in order to become climate neutral. In addition, decarbonization means creating long-term value for stakeholders which will ultimately not only pay off but also open up completely new business opportunities. With EY Sustainability, we are offering a globally leading and holistic end-to-end service that underlies everything we do and is a comprehensive response to these challenges. EYCarbon is part of the sustainability service offering and focuses exclusively on all business issues related to decarbonization (from strategy development, target setting and implementation to reporting).
Your key responsibilities
As a team member of EYCarbon in Switzerland, you will support the team in its activities with national and international clients on their way to a more sustainable corporate management, increased sustainability performance and new sustainable businesses opportunities – with passion, flexibility, and a strong appetite for change. In doing so, you will take on a variety of supporting tasks:
- Develop ideas collaboratively with clients for (more) sustainable products, services, and business models
- Support clients in developing sustainability and decarbonization strategies for their businesses and in implementing and measuring decarbonization measures
- Develop ideas how to adapt target operating models
- Develop and review sustainability strategies and reports
- Actively leverage your network, develop, and maintain management level clients to pro-actively generate and convert opportunities.
- Support EY teams in their go-to-market activities (incl. events, thought leadership, project proposals) and develop own activities
- Actively market yourself and our consulting team through seminars and articles in key publications and develop own thought leadership
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Min. 10 years of professional experience in sustainability consulting, leading innovation and/or consulting projects in industries
- Master's degree or PhD in environmental science, business, environmental economics, sustainability, or similar field
- Large network to potential clients within Switzerland
- Excellent project management and team leadership skills applied in diverse circumstances with various sets of stakeholders, as well as experience generating project leads
- Passion for new business creation with hands-on approach and entrepreneurial mindset to make new business work
- New business creation skills and expertise including profound knowledge of sustainable products, services, business development, business model innovation and financial business case development
- In-depth understanding of climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies, life cycle analysis is an asset
- Strong management skills applied in diverse sets of stakeholders
- Share our passion for helping businesses and other clients become more sustainable.
- Team player and transformative leader, able to successfully guide the work of others and be committed to achieving common goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, German – French is a plus
What we look for
- Ability to work closely with large and complex remote teams and in a multi-country & -cultural environment
- A demonstrated capacity to take initiative, overcome challenges and work collaboratively through relevant work or project experience
- Strong network to various companies in the Swiss and international market
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve – a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make the next step and apply for this position (ID: 1007743) online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (email@example.com / +41 58 286 33 66).