We at AFRY Management Consulting are committed to accelerating change towards a sustainable world in the interest of future generations. We are passionate about transforming industries and creating value for clients and society. We strongly believe that change happens when exceptional people with brave ideas come together.
With more than 700 consultants across over 20 offices on 5 continents, and supported by 19,000 experts at AFRY in design, engineering and digitalisation, we are driven by the idea of helping our clients find solutions to business-critical questions.
About the role
We are expanding our consulting practice in commodities and energy trading and are looking for a dynamic and experienced Senior Consultant/Manager to be part of our interdisciplinary team. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with experience in industry or consulting, working with trading clients in energy, metals and agriculture.
- Experience gained working in the energy / commodity trading industry, either for another consultancy or from industry but with an interest to move into tier one management consulting.
- This could include experience working in project delivery orientated roles or working as a Risk Manager, Trading Manager, Business Change Manager, Business Analyst, Project Manager etc.
- Managing and directing complex quantitative and qualitative analyses and leading workstreams comprising of other consultants, analysts and subject matter experts
- Building long-term, trust-based relationships within the company.
- Developing innovative and creative solutions to complex top management issues.
- Supporting the growth of the commodity and energy trading team.
- Coaching our analysts and consultants.
- MSc or equivalent in an economical, financial or technical field. Further qualifications like CFA advantageous
- 4-8 years of working experience in commodities / energy trading in an industry or consulting environment; experience in sustainability, sustainable finance, ESG (Environment, Social and Governance), decarbonisation and supply chain traceability would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable track-record in managing projects and strong willingness to grow and drive the growth of our team
- Experience gained across any energy/commodity class – Oil, Gas, Power, LNG, Emissions, Metals, G&O, Softs.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and produce high-quality results within deadlines and budget. Comfort in operating in a fast-paced environment that values initiative, creativity, maturity and poise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Professional fluency in English (orally and written) is a must. Skills in other Swiss languages advantageous
- Team player with a strong motivation to contribute to a positive team culture
- Flexibility to travel and work at client site as required by the project
- Resident of Switzerland or EU citizen with willingness to relocate to Zurich / Geneva region
We offer you
In AFRY Management Consulting we are proud to have a respectful, collaborative, supportive, trustful, and responsible way of working with a strong desire to achieve the highest level of quality for our clients.
You will work on varying and stimulating projects with the world's leading companies in energy, infrastructure and other industries and collaborate with engaged and highly qualified colleagues across national borders.
We offer competitive performance-orientated compensation, corporate benefits and highly flexible working conditions.
You will find an entrepreneurial and inspiring working environment with the freedom to develop both personally and professionally.
We have a high level of enthusiasm for what we do and would expect that of you also. If you would like to be part of the transformation of the global energy sector we are looking forward to receiving your application latest till 20th December.
At AFRY, we engineer change in everything we do. Change happens when brave ideas come together. When we collaborate, innovate technology, and embrace challenging points of view. That’s how we're making future. We are actively looking for qualified candidates to join our inclusive and diverse teams across the globe. Join us in accelerating the transition towards a sustainable future.