Professor:in Information Systems 80 – 100 % and Head of the Institute of Business Information Technology
School of Management and Law
August 2024 (or by mutual agreement)
- Nurture a cohesive culture at the institute level and actively contribute to the development of the Institute
- Lead research activities in the area of information systems and ensure their long-term development
- Develop a pipeline of competitive grants with research funding institutions (e.g., Swiss National Science Foundation, Innosuisse, EU) and industry partners
- Teach in the Bachelor, Master, or executive programs
- Represent the Institute in national and international ICT networks
- PhD in Information Systems or a related field
- Established visibility in the field evidenced through publications in high-quality academic journals
- Evidence of competitive research grants and industry funding
- Practical experience gained though work in industry, consulting, or executive education
- Good teaching evaluations at different levels (bachelor, master, and continuing education)
- Fluency in German and English, both spoken and written
- Excellent communication skills and entrepreneurial spirit
- Leadership experience at a higher education institution or in an industry context is an advantage
We look forward receiving your complete application documents via our online platform by 30 November 2023.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be awarded the title of Professor by the Council of the Universities of Applied Sciences of the canton of Zurich.
ZHAW School of Management and Law is committed to increase diversity and explicitly encourage female and/or diverse candidates to apply for this position. The appointment of two co-heads of the institute will be considered if candidates expressly mention this option in their application and if their competencies are complementary.
This is what we stand for
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14'000 students and 3'400 faculty and staff.
The School of Management and Law (SML), with its internationally recognized Bachelor's and Master's programs, cooperative PhD programs, range of needs-oriented and well-established continuing education programs, as well as innovative research & development projects, is one of the leading business schools in Switzerland. The SML is currently the only business school of a Swiss university of applied sciences to feature in the prestigious Financial Times rankings: Not only is it among the 90 leading European business schools, it offers one of the 90 best Master's programs in management worldwide. In addition, it meets the demanding standards of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the leading international organization for the accreditation of business schools.
What you can expect
We offer working conditions and terms of employment commensurate with higher education institutions and actively promote personal development for staff in leadership and non-leadership positions. A detailed description of advantages and benefits can be found at Working at the ZHAW. The main points are listed below:
Prof. Dr. Thierry Volery
Lead General Management