RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Flexible working hours and arrangements.
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment.
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change.
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
As Senior Regulatory Affairs Project Manager, based in Zurich and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will play a critical role in defining and implementing our company's regulatory strategy and priorities as it relates to the evolving regulatory requirements around the topics of ESG, such as for example the EU and UK proposal and considerations on regulating ESG data providers. You will have the opportunity to help shape an industry that developed mostly unregulated thus far and is now moving under the regulatory perimeter in many jurisdictions, and at the same time position RepRisk in this context.
You will closely coordinate your work with external and internal stakeholders and your tasks will include:
- Assess regulatory developments, evaluate RepRisk's capabilities, provide insights on their potential impact on our company, including the proposed European Parliament regulation on the transparency and integrity of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) rating activities and similar proposals
- Take the responsibility of leading strategic, company-wide initiatives and projects related to regulation to ensure compliance and meeting company, regulatory as well as client needs
- Define and establish the regulatory strategy and priorities for RepRisk, and gaining buy-in from the Executive Committee (EC) and Global Leadership Team (GLT) as required
- Identify and manage stakeholders to ensure compliance in terms of RepRisk processes and documentation
- Manage the preparation of internal stakeholders for client and/or regulatory interactions and marketing materials, as well as manage communication with, and requests by, regulatory agencies (e.g., the European Securities and Markets Authority, ESMA)
- Participate directly as well as prepare designated senior management members for participation in regulatory advisory boards, working groups, and other relevant regulatory forums with a focus on the ESG-related regulatory landscape
- Monitor and stay current with relevant legal and regulatory developments, and support various internal departments in marketing and communications efforts
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Law, Business, Economics, Finance, or related discipline); advanced degree or certification in ESG or sustainability-related field is desired
- Extensive experience (5 years plus) in regulatory affairs, compliance, or related roles within the ESG, financial services, or a similar industry
- Strong understanding of regulatory frameworks, policies, and developments impacting the market, ideally focusing on ESG
- Proven ability to develop and implement regulatory strategies, including participation in advisory boards and working groups
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to assess peer capabilities, market trends, and client needs
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; project management experience desired
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex regulatory information effectively
- Leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and manage team members is a plus
- Client-centric mindset is a must; knowledge about data science and financial services is a plus
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit.