Reporting directly to Echo Re’s CUO, you will be working as part of the DEVK Group’s Credit & Surety Underwriting team. You will be responsible for growing a profitable and diversified portfolio including all underwriting-related functions associated with the administration of a diversified book of new and renewal Credit & Surety reinsurance business written within both Echo Re and DEVK Re.
Your focus will primarily be on business from Latin America and other regions within Echo Re’s underwriting mandate. As part of the DEVK Group’s Credit & Surety team, you will also be underwriting business in other territories according to your experience and the needs in the team.
Your Main Tasks are:
- Underwriting Credit & Surety treaty business in accordance with Echo Re & DEVK Re underwriting and pricing guidelines
- Assisting with optimization of existing portfolio and allocated capacity
- Positioning Echo Re & DEVK Re as an increasingly important player in the Credit & Surety reinsurance market
- Designing the overall market and client strategy together with the responsible Regional Managers within the UW Planning process
- Undertaking responsibility for UW Plan implementation including CPT (Consolidated Planning Tool) process
- Implementing all measures necessary to safeguard the profitability of the Credit & Surety business portfolio including accumulation risk control
- Visiting markets and clients to identify, develop and maintain the relationships with new and existing clients and brokers
- Representing Echo Re & DEVK Re at industry events (e.g. conferences)
- Maintaining a close working relationship with Pricing Actuaries & Regional Managers
- Providing an efficient and high level of quality for SICS administration of portfolio together with UW Assistants.
- Reviewing and approving claims with Claims Department in accordance with Claims Guidelines.
- University degree in a relevant subject or a comparable recognised insurance qualification (ACII or other local equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years of reinsurance underwriting, predominantly in the Credit & Surety line of business, or other relevant industry-related experience
- Enthusiastic and forward-looking mindset with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent team player with the ability to communicate effectively
- Good negotiation and communication skills to deal with business partners and internal stakeholders
- Technical, analytical and result oriented mind
- Proficient and effective knowledge of MS-Office products, especially Excel
- Language skills: very good command of English and Spanish is a prerequisite. Additional language(s) would be a distinct advantage
If you are searching for an opportunity to support the profitable growth of our Credit & Surety business and would like a role where you can grow and assume increasing responsibilities, we are looking forward to your application.
Interested candidates are invited to send their application letter and CV to our
Chief Financial & Operating Officer Gregor Schulte (email@example.com).