The Surveillance Engineer is responsible to provide engineering skills and project management competences. He/She will lead lifecycle management, continuous improvements and infrastructure replacement of Surveillance products/equipment. The Engineer supports elaboration of concepts, studies, changes, projects, for internal and/or external customers as well as meeting quality and compliance regulations.
- Lead or contribute to projects by applying skyguide's (project management handbook) and (Communication Navigation Surveillance (CNS) equipment lifecycle hand book) methods
- Take into account relevant regulations and technical, operational, safety, quality, security, financial and human resources dimensions throughout the product lifecycle or during projects
- Ensure reliability and availability targets which are set for the product/equipment and associated services in close relation with the technical team.
- Plan medium and long term product/equipment evolutions and manage associated budgets triggered by obsolescence and/or technology upgrades
- Evaluate, initiate, estimate, conduct and implement change requests, following applicable pro-cesses by establishing and respecting scope, time, budget constraints
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (University of applied science or ETH)
- Experience in projects with systems procurement, commissioning and deployment of Radiofrequency (RF), telecommunication and/or IT systems
- Know-how on CNS / Air Traffic Management technologies would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, good knowledge of German or French
- Ability to work independently and to be self-responsible, as well as excellent teamworking capability with a customer, service and solution orientated
- Open and flexible personality with natural authority, strong communication skills and a high sense of responsibility
- Willingness to travel regularly within Switzerland and occasionally abroad
Location: Preferred Wangen b. Dübendorf or possibly Geneva
When: Upon availability
Working percentage: 80-100%