This is an initial contract running for 12 months with strong potential to extend (up to maximum of five years), with start date ASAP.
Joining an experienced and international trading systems support team, you will help resolve issues end-to-end, from external venues to consuming systems (Bloomberg, Refinitiv, EBS, Tradeweb, Market Axess, BidFX, CFETs, SIX).
You will document systems and solutions and share your knowledge within the team. You will support the development of new and existing gateway integrations and help to improve resilience and performance of all venue connectivity.
This would be a combined operational and project-based position working in trading using different platforms and Venues in various transaction execution and troubleshooting. We are looking for a professional level engineer able to run troubleshooting work and consolidations within the applications.
Responsibilities will include:
* Resolve incidents reported by business users on Banking applications.
* Contribute to long-term system performance and resilience enhancements.
* Support market data and trading venue cost reduction initiatives.
* Support integration of new Trading and Market venues.
* Document Trading and Market venue connectivity and support processes.
You will possess as many of the following skills as possible:
* Experience working at a (ideally) financial institution as Systems Engineer / Developer in Trading and Market venues
* Knowledge of message protocols overall (such FIX, TOF and FPML/XML), with ability to troubleshoot issues when there is the necessity.
* Experience with integration technologies (such as Kafka, MessageQ)
* Knowledge of Market and Trade data usage in financial institutions (e.g. usage of data, data consolidation, business data understanding)
* Experience with performance monitoring and alerting systems.
* Fluency in English
Nice to Have
* Experience of integration to major trading platforms, ideally (Findur/Endur, Aladdin)
* Knowledge of network and firewall technologies including encryption/security protocols
* Experience with the different stages of software development lifecycle
* Client facing experience in the role of the technical support.
* Experience working with financial messages (SWIFT)
* Experience in administering entitlements in Trading and Market venues (such as rights, assess, logs, line of defense)
Please note interviews would be conducted via video call, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. Our client offers:
* The opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment on a long-term basis
* 50% working from home
* 20 days working remotely from abroad per year
* Modern office in central Basel (50 minutes direct train from Zurich) with subsidised canteen
* Two stage interview process (conducted via video call)
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the most important financial companies worldwide? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application before the deadline on Tuesday 15 January.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
– storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
– using my personal information or
– supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
– transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA